Employment Opportunity - Part Time Family Advocate
(Deadline to apply is December 4, 2015 at 4pm)
MHA is seeking to hire a Family Advocate, working 25 hours a week, in our Strong Families Healthy Homes Program. For more info on this program, click here.
Mental Health America of Wisconsin (MHA) is an affiliate of the nation's largest and oldest community-based network dedicated to improving the mental health of all individuals through Advocacy, Education and Service.
MHA is seeking to hire a Family Advocate, working 25 hours a week, in our Strong Families Healthy Homes Program. You will provide in-home case management, support, life skills and parenting education to families and pregnant women living with mental illness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Master’s degree in Social Work or other health-related field, or current enrollment in a Master’s related program
- Working knowledge of and experience with individuals who have mental illness and substance abuse issues
- Experience working with children and/or families
- Knowledge of SAMHSA recovery principals for people living with mental illness and addiction
- Understanding of providing person-centered and trauma informed care
- Demonstrated knowledge of providing culturally intelligent care
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance (100/300/100)
- Flexible schedule including evenings and occasional weekends
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Work closely with approximately 6 individuals/families on individual and family recovery goals
- Provide intake and needs assessments
- Perform weekly and/or bi-weekly home or community visits with all assigned clients
- Document all face-to-face and collateral contacts in progress notes
- Complete individual recovery plan within 30 days of intake and admission into program
- Update all individual recovery plans on a monthly basis
- Administer and update all program evaluation tools
- Provide crisis stabilization with participants as needed
- Assist in planning and implementing day programming and community activities
- Facilitate mental health and education groups at MHA and at community partner locations
- Collaborate with all providers involved in each participants care
- Participate in committee and networking experiences as assigned by supervisor
- Attend regular meetings, including weekly case consultation; individual/group supervision and all-staff meetings
- Work on a multidisciplinary team including Peer Specialists and Interns
- Provide quality care to all participants as required by CCS/MHA guidelines and policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Pay: $15-$16 based on skills and experience
- 60 hours of vacation per year (starting second year)
- 8 hours of personal time per year (eligible after 90 days)
- Accrue 4 hours of sick time per month (eligible after 90 days)
- Reimbursement for travel and mileage expenses
- Will provide clinical supervision for post graduate 3000 hours (eligible after 90 days)
Mental Health America of Wisconsin (MHA) is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Email resumes: To Sarah Thomas at email@example.com (Subject line should read “Resume for Karissa Vogel”)
Fax resumes: (414) 276-3124, Attention: Karissa Vogel
Mail resumes: MHA, Attention: Karissa Vogel, Program Manager, 600 W. Virginia St., Suite 502, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Deadline to apply is December 4, 2015 at 4pm.